At times, aspects of your life and work can be at loggerheads, ultimately leading to inner turmoil. Work life imbalances trigger stress and interfere with normal sleep patterns. These abnormalities may lead to an increase in cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks, stroke and psychiatric conditions like depression, anxiety and an overall degradation of quality of life. Technology and work life balance have now become concepts that run parallel to each other, as the very aid of mankind has now bound him in cogwheels, circuits, chains and signals. Here’s why you need to strike the perfect balance between your work and life:
- The lamp burns longer – Work-life balance and productivity are closely related to each other. The more you soothe the inner brawl of imbalance, the more your workability increases .
- A healthier you – When we stress over the inability to balance both work and home, it strains our health. Right from the immune system being compromised to grave health issues like cardiovascular health - they all slowly manifest as the tangible forms of our work-life imbalance.
- Stay in the present – Your attention is bound to get divided. Constantly thinking about work at home and vice versa will drastically reduce your productivity and hamper your relationships. The key is to focus on the present moment and take each moment as it comes.
Necessity of managing stress and work-life balance in the workplace
Companies can go a long way in helping their employees balance work with their personal life. Perks like flexible working hours have proved to be key in attaining such high points. Work life balance strategies for employees can include childcare services, engaging them in team building activities, maintaining a sense of consistency and structuring the organization and others.
Tips for maintaining healthy work life balance
- Don’t be a perfectionist.
- Create a list of things that you need to do and add the ones that make you happy. This will not only help you be organized but also help in managing work and home easily.
- Indulge in self-building activities like yoga, meditation and exercise.
- Avoid procrastinating. Every person gets twenty four hours in a day. It is up to us to make the most of it.
[av_promobox button='yes' label='Book Your Consultation On MediBuddy' link='https://www.medibuddy.in/?utm_source=blog_cta&utm_medium=blog' link_target='' color='blue' custom_bg='#f00' custom_font='#ffffff' size='large' icon_select='no' icon='ue800' font='entypo-fontello']A prolonged lack of work-life balance can lead to health issues that
requires a general physician consultation.[/av_promobox]