Time to get your COVID shot? Congrats on reaching the first step! If your mind is filled with questions regarding the vaccination and post-vaccination care, we are here to help. Here are a few frequently asked questions:
- Can I drink alcohol soon after my COVID-19 vaccination?
Drinking alcohol after Covid-19 vaccination is not advised. Alcohol contributes to dehydration, which can lead to headaches and muscle pain. After vaccination you may already be feeling tired and the best thing you can do is drink plenty of water.
- Are there any particular medications that I should avoid after getting a COVID-19 vaccination?
It is not recommended to take any medications without consulting your doctor first. If you experience pain or inflammation after vaccination, you can use ice packs on your vaccinated arm. For any other concerns, you can consult a doctor online on MediBuddy.
- Does the vaccine work immediately after the first injection?
Vaccines teach our immune system to recognise and fight an external threat. It typically takes a few weeks after vaccination for the body to build immunity against the virus, it cannot start acting immediately.
- Why must I continue following COVID protocols after vaccination?
You must - keep this in mind that this means a person could still get infected by COVID-19 immediately following the vaccination, as it takes time to develop immunity. That’s why one needs to continue following COVID appropriate behaviour after vaccination and stay safe.
- I took one dose of the vaccine but got COVID-19 after that. Should I take the second dose?
Yes, you should take the second dose. However, it is recommended to wait at least 4 weeks before taking the next shot.
For more information you can always talk to a doctor online on DocsApp.